Put yourself on the global fashion scene. Showcase along with stalwart designers.
About the Contest
Calling young fashion designers to participate in the contest and get a chance to showcase designs at the biggest fashion extravaganza – FTV India Luxury Fashion Week. The most innovative collection would be chosen to share the platform with some of the most famous names in the fashion world.
Two designers – One (1) from India and One (1) from any International location would be selected to present their runway collection at the event.
Showcase through your unique designs how you would perceive and present the innovative ideas of millennials. Along with textiles, colours, and accessories, you may use the elements of technology to highlight your designs as well.
- As an initiative of UberLux India Advisors LLP, young designers from India and other international locations can participate in this contest.
- You must either be a student of a fashion/designing school or should be working under a designer label name for not more than 3 years.
- Applicants must fill the application form in full and attach their resume defining their credentials and sample designs to be considered for the contest.
- Applicants may also share the video link of their collection or previous fashion shows.
The contestants’ designs would be accessed by a special panel of experts at UberLux’s end. The contest is divided into two (2) phases –
- Phase 1 – Selection of candidates: Contestants need to register and submit sample designs and sketches (at least three) on the site. These could be previously created sample designs and sketches or new designs. The panel of experts would shortlist candidates for submitting further designs based on the provided theme in the second phase of selection.
- Phase 2 – Finalising the designers: The submitted designs would be evaluated by the experts. Further, personal interviews would be conducted with the shortlisted candidates. Thereafter, the selected candidates (2), would get special mentoring sessions with expert designers to help the emerging designers showcase their collection during the event.
The panel would be assessing the designers based on the following criteria –
Unique design and original concept – The sample designs should be innovative and original in nature.
Usage of unique elements – Any customization and use of elements such as technology to embellish the theme would be an added bonus, along with the designs focusing on distinctive use of textiles, textures, colors, patterns etc.
- Complete the application form and provide at least 3 design samples. You may also provide a link to your previous work or collection.
- Attach your resume with details of your credentials – educational qualification, work experience (if any).
- Pay the registration fee through our secure gateway.
- The shortlisted candidates would be asked to submit further designs based on the provided theme.
- The submitted designs from the shortlisted candidates would be evaluated by the experts.
- Shortlisted candidates would be further interviewed by our mentors to understand their vision and collection. The interviews would be either held in-person or over video conferencing.
- The selected candidates (2), thereafter, get special mentoring sessions with expert designers to help showcase their collection during the event.
Deadline: Kindly note the last date for submission (phase 1) is 25th March 2019.
Terms and conditions:
- The completed application form and the submitted designs would be reviewed by our mentors. The shortlisted candidates would be notified about their selection by email for further processes.
- Shortlisted candidates would be required to be available for a personal interview – in-person or over video conferencing – to present the vision of their collection in detail.
- The selection of the candidates would be at the sole discretion of the advisory board of FTV India Luxury Fashion Week and UberLux India Advisors LLP.
- All the designs and concepts should be original, without any plagiarism. Due credits should be provided in case the collection has been inspired or motivated by any other ideas or themes.
- Images of the sample designs should be of high-resolution and clearly represent the design. A portfolio shoot would be advisable. The images of the samples should either be taken by showcasing them being worn by models or placed on mannequins. A complete look should be the focus of the samples, providing the right accessories and styling.
- Along with the images, high-quality sketches should also be provided of the samples.
- Applicants hereby acknowledge that they are submitting the designs at their own risk and UberLux India Advisors LLP or Fashion TV or FTV India Luxury Fashion Week (ILFW) will not be liable for any theft or copying of the designs during the course of the selection process.
Note: Selected designers (one from each India and international location) would have an exclusive complimentary invite to participate at the runway show.
Fill the online registration form – Click Here